A support consisting of an arrangement of straps for holding something to the body (especially one supporting a person suspended from a parachute) (synset 103500164)
hypernym: support - any device that bears the weight of another thing
Stable gear consisting of an arrangement of leather straps fitted to a draft animal so that it can be attached to and pull a cart (synset 103499831)
- bridle - headgear for a horse; includes a headstall and bit and reins to give the rider or driver control
- cinch, girth - stable gear consisting of a band around a horse's belly that holds the saddle in place
- hackamore, halter - rope or canvas headgear for a horse, with a rope for leading
- headgear - stable gear consisting of any part of a harness that fits about the horse's head
- martingale - a harness strap that connects the nose piece to the girth; prevents the horse from throwing back its head
- trace - either of two lines that connect a horse's harness to a wagon or other vehicle or to a whiffletree
Put a harness (synset 201494354)
"harness the horse"domain category: animal husbandry - breeding and caring for farm animalshypernym: attach - cause to be attachedhyponym: inspan - attach a yoke or harness tosynonym: tackle
Exploit the power of (synset 201165811)
"harness natural forces and resources"
Control and direct with or as if by reins (synset 202447602)
"rein a horse"
Keep in check (synset 200235558)
"rule one's temper"
Found on Word Lists
Find words of a similar nature on these lists: