Dillfrog Muse is awesome thanks to these fine folks.
Muse Data Sources
Dillfrog Muse's data is derived from these data sources. Most, if not all of these, are freely available for you to create your own experiments!
- WordNet - word meanings, relationships and part of speech data (as packaged by WordNet SQL Builder) - license
- CMU Pronouncing Dictionary - word and phrase pronunciation - license
- Moby Pronunciation List (by Grady Ward) - word and phrase pronunciation - Not copyrighted in the United States. See the eBook download for Gutenberg's terms.
- Moby Part of Speech List (by Grady Ward) - supplementary part-of-speech categorization - Not copyrighted in the United States. See the eBook download for Gutenberg's terms.
- Google Books NGram Viewer Data Set - word frequency - license (Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License)
- Anthony Tong Lee's Double Metaphone implementation (original algorithm by Lawrence Phillips) - used to generate double metaphone codes - license (MIT License)
- English Wikipedia - phrase search - license (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License)
- English Wikiquote - phrase search - license (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License)
- English Wiktionary - phrase search - license (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License)
- DataMuse API is used for some Storm searches, and is provided free for non-commercial use. DataMuse is NOT affiliated with Dillfrog nor Dillfrog Muse.
- SentiWordNet 3.0 - sentiment tagging (Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0))
- Pixabay - term visualization, e.g. via PictoPlot, with SafeSearch enabled (Pixabay license)
The following other libraries are used as part of the site - particularly within the Storm tool. Thanks to these fine folks.
- normalize-strings package (tehsis; MIT License)
- pluralize package (Blake Embrey; MIT License)
- syllable package (Titus Wormer; MIT License)
- Ace editor (BSD License)
- bootstrap-toc (MIT License)
Other Cool Stuff
If you like our site, you might also like this:
- ThinkZone Poem Generator - Generate a semi-coherent poem based on line word patterns and word sets.
- Jim Wegryn's List of Oxymorons - such as "real potential" and "come away"
Thanks for the feedback to make this a better site.
- Brainstorming and beta-testing: Brad, TC, Telaine, Debs, Enstrim