An insignificant student who is ridiculed as being affected or boringly studious (synset 110704113)
hypernym: assimilator, learner, scholar - someone (especially a child) who learns (as from a teacher) or takes up knowledge or beliefs
The grade of particle fineness to which a substance is ground (synset 105101686)
"a coarse grind of coffee"
- Hard monotonous routine work (synset 100622716)
- The act of grinding to a powder or dust (synset 100359116)
Press or grind with a crushing noise (synset 201597899)
hypernym: press - exert pressure or force to or upon
Make a grating or grinding sound by rubbing together (synset 201397118)
"grate one's teeth in anger"entail: rub - move over something with pressurehyponym:synonym: grate
Work hard (synset 202424873)
"She was digging away at her math homework"; "Lexicographers drudge all day long"
- Dance by rotating the pelvis in an erotically suggestive way, often while in contact with one's partner such that the dancers' legs are interlaced (synset 202052631)
Reduce to small pieces or particles by pounding or abrading (synset 200331892)
"grind the spices in a mortar"; "mash the garlic"
Created by grinding (synset 201627486)
"grind designs into the glass bowl"
Shape or form by grinding (synset 201627358)
"grind lenses for glasses and cameras"
Found on Word Lists
Find words of a similar nature on these lists:
- Events ("What?")
- Nouns denoting acts or actions
- Nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- Nouns denoting people
- Verbs of political and social activities and events
- Verbs of sewing, baking, painting, performing
- Verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- Verbs of touching, hitting, tying, digging
- Verbs of walking, flying, swimming