One of several parts or pieces that fit with others to constitute a whole object (synset 104172050)
"a section of a fishing rod"; "metal sections were used below ground"; "finished the final segment of the road"hyponym:
- bend, curve - curved segment (of a road or river or railroad track etc.)
- dado - the section of a pedestal between the base and the surbase
- leaf - hinged or detachable flat section (as of a table or door)
- length - a section of something that is long and narrow
- straight, straightaway - a straight segment of a roadway or racecourse
- subdivision, subsection - a section of a section; a part of a part; i.e., a part of something already divided
One of the parts into which something naturally divides (synset 109452291)
"a segment of an orange"
Divide into segments (synset 201565786)
"segment an orange"; "segment a compound word"hyponym:synonym: sectionverb group: segment - divide or split up
Divide or split up (synset 201561222)
"The cells segmented"
Found on Word Lists
Find words of a similar nature on these lists: