The person or thing that is rejected or set aside as inferior in quality (synset 105798577)
Refuse to accept or acknowledge (synset 200687584)
"I reject the idea of starting a war"; "The journal rejected the student's paper"hyponym:
- disbelieve, discredit - reject as false; refuse to accept
- repudiate - refuse to acknowledge, ratify, or recognize as valid
- recuse - challenge or except to a judge as being incompetent or interested, in canon and civil law
- reprobate - reject (documents) as invalid
- disown, renounce, repudiate - cast off
- brush aside, brush off, discount, dismiss, disregard, ignore, push aside - bar from attention or consideration
Refuse to accept (synset 202242120)
"He refused my offer of hospitality"
Deem wrong or inappropriate (synset 200808840)
"I disapprove of her child rearing methods"hyponym:synonym: disapprove
Reject with contempt (synset 200798638)
"She spurned his advances"
Resist immunologically the introduction of some foreign tissue or organ (synset 202760892)
"His body rejected the liver of the donor"
Refuse entrance or membership (synset 202508565)
"They turned away hundreds of fans"; "Black people were often rejected by country clubs"
Dismiss from consideration or a contest (synset 200687320)
"John was ruled out as a possible suspect because he had a strong alibi"; "This possibility can be eliminated from our consideration"
Found on Word Lists
Find words of a similar nature on these lists: