Anything that resembles a feather in shape or lightness (synset 113923453)
"a plume of smoke"; "grass with large plumes"
A feather or cluster of feathers worn as an ornament (synset 103976356)
hypernym: adornment - a decoration of color or interest that is added to relieve plainness
The light horny waterproof structure forming the external covering of birds (synset 101898672)
part holonym:part meronym: bird - warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrates characterized by feathers and forelimbs modified as wingssubstance holonym:
- down, down feather - soft fine feathers
- aftershaft - a supplementary feather (usually small) on the underside of the base of the shaft of some feathers in some birds
- contour feather - feathers covering the body of an adult bird and determining its shape
- alula, bastard wing, spurious wing - tuft of small stiff feathers on the first digit of a bird's wing
- marabou - the downy feathers of marabou storks are used for trimming garments
- hackle - long slender feather on the necks of e.g. turkeys and pheasants
- flight feather, pinion, quill, quill feather - any of the larger wing or tail feathers of a bird
- scapular - a feather covering the shoulder of a bird
Ask an unreasonable price (synset 202324030)
Be proud of (synset 201776419)
"He prides himself on making it into law school"
Deck with a plume (synset 201684027)
"a plumed helmet"
Clean with one's bill (synset 201394734)
"The birds preened"hypernym:synonym: preen
Form a plume (synset 200144364)
"The chimneys were pluming the sky"; "The engine was pluming black smoke"
Dress or groom with elaborate care (synset 200043414)
"She likes to dress when going to the opera"hypernym: attire, deck out, deck up, dress up, fancy up, fig out, fig up, get up, gussy up, overdress, prink, rig out, tog out, tog up, trick out, trick up - put on special clothes to appear particularly appealing and attractive
Found on Word Lists
Find words of a similar nature on these lists:
- Nouns denoting animals
- Nouns denoting man-made objects
- Nouns denoting two and three dimensional shapes
- Verbs of buying, selling, owning
- Verbs of feeling
- Verbs of grooming, dressing and bodily care
- Verbs of sewing, baking, painting, performing
- Verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- Verbs of touching, hitting, tying, digging