A structure in which animals lay eggs or give birth to their young (synset 109392066)
hypernym: natural object - an object occurring naturally; not made by manhyponym:
- beehive, hive - a structure that provides a natural habitation for bees; as in a hollow tree
- bird nest, bird's nest, birdnest - nest where birds lay their eggs and hatch their young
- drey - the nest of a squirrel
- mouse nest, mouse's nest - where mice bear and raise their young
- nidus - a nest in which spiders or insects deposit their eggs
A kind of gun emplacement (synset 103824757)
"a machine-gun nest"; "a nest of snipers"
A cosy or secluded retreat (synset 108661304)
hypernym: retreat - a place of privacy; a place affording peace and quiet
A gang of people (criminals or spies or terrorists) assembled in one locality (synset 108261267)
"a nest of thieves"domain category: act of terrorism, terrorism, terrorist act - the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fearhyponym: sleeper nest - a nest of sleepers awaiting a prearranged signal
- Furniture pieces made to fit close together (synset 103824876)
Inhabit a nest, usually after building (synset 202661042)
"birds are nesting outside my window every Spring"
Fit together or fit inside (synset 201532554)
Move or arrange oneself in a comfortable and cozy position (synset 201427599)
"We cuddled against each other to keep warm"; "The children snuggled into their sleeping bags"
- Gather nests (synset 201386047)
Found on Word Lists
Find words of a similar nature on these lists: