Drink made by steeping and boiling and fermenting rather than distilling (synset 107902547)
hypernym: alcohol, alcoholic beverage, alcoholic drink, inebriant, intoxicant - a liquor or brew containing alcohol as the active agenthyponym:
- beer - a general name for alcoholic beverages made by fermenting a cereal (or mixture of cereals) flavored with hops
- kvass - fermented beverage resembling beer but made from rye or barley
- mead - made of fermented honey and water
- cassiri - a drink resembling beer; made from fermented cassava juice
- spruce beer - a brew made by fermenting molasses and other sugars with the sap of spruce trees (sometimes with malt)
Prepare by brewing (synset 201667815)
"people have been brewing beer for thousands of years"
Sit or let sit in boiling water so as to extract the flavor (synset 200328623)
"the tea is brewing"
Found on Word Lists
Find words of a similar nature on these lists: