(used of persons or the military) characterized by having or bearing arms (synset 300143675)
"armed robbery"domain category: armed forces, armed services, military, military machine, war machine - the military forces of a nation
Having arms or arms as specified;
Used especially in combination (synset 300147478)"the many-armed goddess Shiva"
(used of plants and animals) furnished with bristles and thorns (synset 300146145)
- barbed, barbellate, briary, briery, bristled, bristly, burred, burry, prickly, setaceous, setose, spiny, thorny - having or covered with protective barbs or quills or spines or thorns or setae etc.
- bristlelike - resembling a bristle
- brushlike - resembling a brush
- thistlelike - resembling a thistle
- clawed, taloned - (of predatory animals) armed with claws or talons
Found on Word Lists
Find words of a similar nature on these lists: