Stay the same;
Remain in a certain state (synset 200117793)"The dress remained wet after repeated attempts to dry it"; "rest assured"; "stay alone"; "He remained unmoved by her tears"; "The bad weather continued for another week"hyponym:
- keep out - remain outside
- sit tight - maintain the same position; wait it out
- stay together, stick together - be loyal to one another, especially in times of trouble
- stand - remain inactive or immobile
- keep, stay fresh - fail to spoil or rot
- be - to remain unmolested, undisturbed, or uninterrupted -- used only in infinitive form
Continue in a place, position, or situation (synset 202733337)
"After graduation, she stayed on in Cambridge as a student adviser"; "Stay with me, please"; "despite student protests, he remained Dean for another year"; "She continued as deputy mayor for another year"hyponym:
Of persons, questions, problems, results, evidence, etc. (synset 202643676)"There remains the question of who pulled the trigger"; "Carter remains the only President in recent history under whose Presidency the U.S. did not fight a war"
Stay behind (synset 202736899)
"The smell stayed in the room"; "The hostility remained long after they made up"
Found on Word Lists
Find words of a similar nature on these lists: