Reach a goal (synset 202026014)
"make the first team"; "We made it!"; "She may not make the grade"
Arrive at the point of (synset 200347930)
"She gets to fretting if I stay away from home too long"
Cause annoyance in;
Disturb, especially by minor irritations (synset 201791774)"Mosquitoes buzzing in my ear really bothers me"; "It irritates me that she never closes the door after she leaves"hypernym: displease - give displeasure tohyponym:
verb group: chafe - feel extreme irritation or anger
- get, get under one's skin - irritate
- eat into, fret, grate, rankle - gnaw into; make resentful or angry
- peeve - cause to be annoyed, irritated, or resentful
- ruffle - trouble or vex
- fret - cause annoyance in
- beset, chevvy, chevy, chivvy, chivy, harass, harry, hassle, molest, plague, provoke - annoy continually or chronically
- antagonise, antagonize - provoke the hostility of
Found on Word Lists
Find words of a similar nature on these lists: