The state of being unsure of something (synset 105706212)
- arriere pensee, mental reservation, reservation - an unstated doubt that prevents you from accepting something wholeheartedly
- distrust, misgiving, mistrust, suspicion - doubt about someone's honesty
- disbelief, incredulity, mental rejection, skepticism - doubt about the truth of something
- indecision, indecisiveness, irresolution - doubt concerning two or more possible alternatives or courses of action
- peradventure - doubt or uncertainty as to whether something is the case
- suspense - an uncertain cognitive state
Uncertainty about the truth or factuality or existence of something (synset 104764777)
"the dubiousness of his claim"; "there is no question about the validity of the enterprise"hypernym: precariousness, uncertainness, uncertainty - being unsettled or in doubt or dependent on chance
Consider unlikely or have doubts about (synset 200689196)
"I doubt that she will accept his proposal of marriage"
Lack confidence in or have doubts about (synset 200689424)
"I doubt these reports"; "I suspect her true motives"; "she distrusts her stepmother"
Found on Word Lists
Find words of a similar nature on these lists: