An isolated fact that is considered separately from the whole (synset 105825971)
"several of the details are similar"; "a point of information"hypernym: fact - a piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurredhyponym:
- minutia - a small or minor detail
- nook and cranny, nooks and crannies - something remote
- regard, respect - (usually preceded by `in') a detail or point
- sticking point - a point at which an impasse arises in progress toward an agreement or a goal
- trifle, triviality - a detail that is considered insignificant
- technicality - a specific detail in a set of rules or terms belonging to a particular field
A small part that can be considered separately from the whole (synset 113832132)
"it was perfect in all details"hypernym: component, component part, constituent, part, portion - something determined in relation to something that includes it
Extended treatment of particulars (synset 107152515)
"the essay contained too much detail"
A crew of workers selected for a particular task (synset 108260002)
"a detail was sent to remove the fallen trees"
A temporary military unit (synset 108421506)
"the peacekeeping force includes one British contingent"domain category: armed forces, armed services, military, military machine, war machine - the military forces of a nationhypernym: force, military force, military group, military unit - a unit that is part of some military servicesynonym: contingent
- Provide details for (synset 200958282)
Assign to a specific task (synset 200680024)
"The ambulances were detailed to the fire station"
Found on Word Lists
Find words of a similar nature on these lists: