A device (generally used by carpenters) that holds things firmly together (synset 103040851)
hypernym: holding device - a device for holding somethinghyponym:
- bench clamp - a clamp used to hold work in place on a workbench
- c-clamp - a clamp in the shape of the letter C
- cramp - a clamp for holding pieces of wood together while they are glued
- pipe clamp, pipe vise - a clamp for holding pipe that is to be cut or threaded
- press - clamp to prevent wooden rackets from warping when not in use
Fasten or fix with a clamp (synset 201346292)
"clamp the chair together until the glue has hardened"
Impose or inflict forcefully (synset 200749938)
"The military government clamped a curfew onto the capital"
Found on Word Lists
Find words of a similar nature on these lists: