Feline mammal usually having thick soft fur and no ability to roar: domestic cats;
Wildcats (synset 102124272)hypernym: felid, feline - any of various lithe-bodied roundheaded fissiped mammals, many with retractile clawshyponym:synonym: true cat
An informal term for a youth or man (synset 110172934)
"a nice guy"; "the guy's only doing it for some doll"; "the poor sod couldn't even buy a drink"
A spiteful woman gossip (synset 109919605)
"what a cat she is!"
The leaves of the shrub Catha edulis which are chewed like tobacco or used to make tea;
Has the effect of a euphoric stimulant (synset 103614083)"in Yemen kat is used daily by 85% of adults"
A whip with nine knotted cords (synset 102989061)
"British sailors feared the cat"hypernym: whip - an instrument with a handle and a flexible lash that is used for whippingsynonym: cat-o'-nine-tails
A large tracked vehicle that is propelled by two endless metal belts;
Frequently used for moving earth in construction and farm work (synset 102986962)hypernym: tracked vehicle - a self-propelled vehicle that moves on trackssynonym: caterpillar
Any of several large cats typically able to roar and living in the wild (synset 102130460)
hypernym: felid, feline - any of various lithe-bodied roundheaded fissiped mammals, many with retractile clawshyponym:
member meronym: family felidae, felidae - cats; wildcats; lions; leopards; cheetahs; saber-toothed tigerssynonym: big cat
- leopard, panthera pardus - large feline of African and Asian forests usually having a tawny coat with black spots
- ounce, panthera uncia, snow leopard - large feline of upland central Asia having long thick whitish fur
- felis onca, jaguar, panther, panthera onca - a large spotted feline of tropical America similar to the leopard; in some classifications considered a member of the genus Felis
- king of beasts, lion, panthera leo - large gregarious predatory feline of Africa and India having a tawny coat with a shaggy mane in the male
- panthera tigris, tiger - large feline of forests in most of Asia having a tawny coat with black stripes; endangered
- liger - offspring of a male lion and a female tiger
- tiglon, tigon - offspring of a male tiger and a female lion
- acinonyx jubatus, cheetah, chetah - long-legged spotted cat of Africa and southwestern Asia having nonretractile claws; the swiftest mammal; can be trained to run down game
- saber-toothed tiger, sabertooth - any of many extinct cats of the Old and New Worlds having long swordlike upper canine teeth; from the Oligocene through the Pleistocene
- A method of examining body organs by scanning them with X rays and using a computer to construct a series of cross-sectional scans along a single axis (synset 100903174)
- Beat with a cat-o'-nine-tails (synset 201414524)
Eject the contents of the stomach through the mouth (synset 200076153)
"After drinking too much, the students vomited"; "He purged continuously"; "The patient regurgitated the food we gave him last night"
Found on Word Lists
Find words of a similar nature on these lists: