Identifying word or words by which someone or something is called and classified or distinguished from others (synset 106350278)
hypernym: name - a language unit by which a person or thing is knownhyponym:
- street name - an alternative name that a person chooses or is given (especially in inner city neighborhoods)
- byname, cognomen, moniker, nickname, sobriquet, soubriquet - a familiar name for a person (often a shortened version of a person's given name)
- form of address, title, title of respect - an identifying appellation signifying status or function: e.g. `Mr.' or `General'
- title - an appellation signifying nobility
- A geographical indication used to identify where the grapes for a wine are grown (synset 106347064)